NZ Bingo Players
NZ Bingo players play Housie, which is also played across Australia and some parts of the UK.
In this section you can find out more about the following:
- Auckland Housie Players
- NZ Housie Winners
Auckland Housie Players
Community groups and activities are very popular in New Zealand’s capital, and most Auckland Housie players play their Housie games in church or community halls across the city.
Even though Housie is played for cash prizes, it is still very much a community event and well attended by many players.
Many groups have Housie nights as functions, and some may donate proceeds left over from tickets to charities.
Some fun types of Housie nights include the following:
- During the Christmas season, free raffles and special seasonal food is part of the evening’s festivities, and halls are bedecked with decorations and a tree.
- Some organisations give the Housie events a touch of glam, and have a buffet with champagne and snacks. Players wear cocktail or evening outfits, and the atmosphere is a very smart and glitzy affair.
- Smaller groups host special parties such as baby shower Housie, or hen night Housie. These games are Bingo games with a twist, and prizes tend to be novelties and items especially suited to the occasion.
NZ Housie Winners
NZ Housie winners sometimes play for cash prizes, but like their Australian neighbours, they tend to play the game more for fun and charity.
- Housie tickets in New Zealand do not have serial numbers as most other bingo or Australian tickets have. They have a two digit code on the backs of the tickets instead.
- Housie games pay out about 90% in prizes, which covers the cost of tickets.
- Prizes for each game vary, and each game has 3 winners for lines won.
- The biggest prize of the evening is the Super Housie game prize which is something like a super jackpot which ends the evening on a high note.
Whether it’s fun Housie themed parties or glittering charity Housie events, there’s one thing for sure – NZ Housie players enjoy the game and play it with style.